New vacancies for JPO/SARC/SDP positions advertised directly by the UNDP JPO Service Centre are posted on this page. You can also follow us on twitter to be kept informed of any new vacancies advertised by our partner countries.
For positions sponsored directly by partner countries, please read the page dedicated to each country in the partner countries section.
JPO position funded by Denmark
The JPO Service Centre is currently advertising for a JPO position open to young professionals with disabilities and with Danish nationality:
Deadline for applications: 22 November 2018.
If you experience problems with accessing the online application system and uploading your application, please send your CV and a cover letter to the following e-mail address email@example.com
Inspirational video: UN Assistant Secretary General Ms. Martha Helena Lopez on the UN Talent Program for Young Professionals with Disabilities.
JPO positions advertised by Kuwait
UNDP Kuwait is currently advertising for 10 JPO positions on behalf of the government of Kuwait:
- ILO JPO - New technologies, diversification and job creation - Geneva, Switzerland
- UN Secretariat JPO – UNOCT Programme Management - New York, USA
- UN Secretariat JPO – UNOG Architecture - Geneva, Switzerland
- UNDP JPO - Communications Officer- Ethics - New York, USA
- UNDP JPO – RBAS Regional Analyst - New York, USA
- UNDP JPO - Strategic partnerships and resource mobilization - New York, USA
- UNESCO JPO - Cultural Sector – Paris, France
- UNFPA JPO - Innovation - New York, USA
- UNIDO JPO - Energy Systems and Infrastructure Division - Vienna, Austria
- WHO JPO - Air Quality, Health & Climate Change - Bonn, Germany
Please note that the above positions are for Kuwaiti nationals only.
Tips and recommendations for your online application
Since JPOs are sponsored by their respective governments, not all nationalities are eligible to apply for the JPO Programme.
Please see our list of partner countries to check if you are eligible to apply. Potential candidates with double nationality should check both nationalities and choose the most favourable one.
Before starting the application, you are recommended to examine the sample copy of the application document. This will give you the opportunity to collect and prepare all the requested information that you need before starting the online application process.
It is a good idea to pre-type some information outside of the system and use the "cut and paste" method to reduce the time needed online and chance of error in the system.
The Personal History Form (P11)
Here are some guiding tips to help you complete a Personal History Form (P11) correctly:
- For all entries, clearly indicate the percentage of working time to reflect full/part-time nature of the work i.e. full time 100%, and if part time 50% - 60%...
- For consultancies, please indicate a lump sum annual amount or the daily rate
- For non-UN positions, please input the annual income.
- For UN positions, please indicate type of contract and salary level, i.e. P1, P2 etc
- Clearly specify unpaid volunteer and internships as such
- Kindly avoid overlapping employment periods unless followed by explanatory text
The "Cover letter" section in the online application offers you the opportunity to explain what has motivated you to apply for the specific position (or positions). It is also an opportunity for you to highlight what you think are your most relevant qualifications for the particular position(s) you are interested in.
Please note that you are expected to write a separate and relevant cover letter for each position for which you are applying.
For your cover letter(s), please use the language indicated beside the respective vacancy notice, which is the language of the duty station and in which a high level of competency is required. There is, however, provision for limited language training for the selected candidate if necessary.
Please list any relevant work experience you have. You may include internships, part-time or voluntary work as well as full-time paid work - but please indicate if it is unpaid or part-time. It is important to include a detailed description of the main responsibilities and tasks you carried out during each period of employment.