Vacancies are usually announced every 18 months on the cinfo’s website.
For further information on the number of JPOs financed by Switzerland and administered by the JPOSC please refer to the Facts and Figures section.
To be eligible to apply to JPO positions funded by Switzerland, candidates must fulfil the following requirements:
- Maximum 32 years old
- Swiss nationality
- Master's degree in relevant field
- 2-3 years‘ relevant professional experience
- Fluency in written and spoken English and a second UN official language (French, Spanish, Arabic, Chinese, Russian), other languages as specified in the Terms of Reference (ToRs)
- Commitment to engaging in development cooperation or humanitarian aid
- Interested in a career in multilateral organisations
More detailed information on applicant requirements is provided in the specific Terms of Reference advertised on cinfo's website.
Detailed presentations of each vacancy and further application details can be accessed on the website of the
Center for Information, Counselling and Training for Professions relating to International Cooperation (Cinfo).
Applications to vacant JPO positions must be submitted through cinfo’s recruitment tool.