This list of training opportunities is provided for informational purposes only and is not and should not be construed as as an official recommendation from the JPO Service Centre.
|General links||Management||Democratic Governance||Poverty Reduction||Health|
|Crisis Prevention and recovery||Energy and environment||Gender||HIV and Aids||Procurement|
- United Nations University
- United Nations Institute for Training and Research
- United Nations System Staff College
- Active Learning Network for Accountability and Performance in Humanitarian Action (ALNAP) - sectorwide active-learning membership network, is dedicated to improving the quality and accountability of humanitarian action, by sharing lessons; identifying common problems; and where appropriate, building consensus on approaches.
- Centre for Intercultural Learning - Canada's largest provider of cross-cultural and international training services for internationally-assigned government and private sector personnel.
- Communication Initiative - (very comprehensive list of events and seminars)
- The Communication Initiative is a partnership of development organisations seeking to support advances in the effectiveness and scale of communication interventions for positive international development.
- Development Gateway - website sponsored by the World Bank and international non-profit organization with the mission to reduce poverty and enable change in developing nations through information technology.
- The Duke Center for International Development (DCID) is an interdisciplinary training, advisory, and research unit offering masters degree and executive education programs in International Development Policy with emphasis on Applied Economics, Development Management, Environmental and Social Policies and their application to developing and transition countries. The Duke Center for International Development is a part of the Sanford School of Public Policy located at Duke University.
- ILO International Training Centre
- IMA International A leading provider of participatory and innovative training and consultancy for the international development sector. Their training areas include Monitoring and Evaluation (M&E), Advanced M&E, Theory of Change, Leadership, Results Based Monitoring, Finance, Knowledge Management, Value for Money, Partnerships, Project Management, Resource Mobilisation and Fundraising, in Thailand / South Africa / UK / Brussels / Ethiopia.
- INTRAC (International NGO Training and Research Centre) provides courses on issues around strengthening civil society and Institutional Development, Organisational Capacity Building and Programme Development.
- Oslo Governance Centre - new Training Referral Service to identify training providers.
- RedR UK - RedR Uk is an international humanitarian NGO which supports aid organisations and other humanitarian actors across the world by developing skills and providing expertis.
- RIPA International - Trainings in the key areas of public sector reform, project management, change management, good governance and organisational development.
- Language courses - online languages courses are available on the following links:
- Arabic lessons
- Chinese - Mandarin
- English - ESL and EFL
- French - French Resource Center and Alliance Française
- Spanish - Spanish Online Course (Beginner), University of Texas courses for Latin American languages, Parlo and Instituto Cervantes.
- SETYM International - leading professional training and consulting company, SETYM is a Project Management Institute (PMI) Registered Education Provider offering project management training solutions to public sector managers.
- The Netherlands Institute of International Relations "Clingendael"
- Université Laval - Summer schools on international development
- West Africa Civil Society Institute (WACSI) - designs and delivers professional and tailored training to enhance professionalism and efficiency focusing on institutional and skills development.
- United Nations System - numerous links to Human Resources websites;
- Career Track - online seminars and trainings
- Enterprise Risk Management (ERM) e-course (UNDP LMS)- theory and practical application of UNDP's ERM framework
- INSEAD - programmes
- MDF Training and Consultancy - training and consulting organization for organisations and individuals responsible for planning, management and project implementation
- Association for Talent Development
- SETYM International - SETYM offers management training solutions to public sector managers from all around the globe
- American Management Association
- Asian Institute of Management (AIM)
- The WWWVirtual Library - International Affairs Resources
- Brandon Hall - Guide to E-learning
- Linkage, Inc. - Organizational development and corporate education programmes, products and services
- Skillsoft - Integrated e-learning solutions
- Afaproject - accredited project management training and consultancy
- Gotham’s Writers Workshop - creative writing classes
- Noble Desktop - computer graphics and web development.
Democratic Governance and Human Rights
- The Danish Institute for Human Rights offers a number of short courses on annual basis on topics within the human rights field.
- The Centre for Human Rights, University of Pretoria, is offering a number of advanced short courses on annual basis on topics within the human rights field. They are very interested in participants from the UN system. Courses will generally be of two weeks in duration. Some money for scholarships is available, in particular for participants from inside South Africa. For further information, please visit their website or contact Dr Heyns.
- The Hague Academy for Local Governance is a new institute that works in close cooperation with the Dutch Association of Municipalities and the City of The Hague, organising training programmes for professionals that work on decentralisation processes and strengthening local governance worldwide.
- Human Rights Education Associates (HREA) organises short, specialised courses via distance education for human rights advocates and development professionals.
- Since 1996, the International Human Rights Network has worked to promote organisational learning from development and field experience by those mandating, funding or deploying such missions - whether inter-governmental organisations or states.
- The Raoul Wallenberg Institute in Lund, Sweden, conducted a Regional Advanced Programme on Human Rights
- The Duke Center for International Development will conduct programmes on: Project Appraisal and Risk Management, Fiscal Decentralization and Local Government Financial Management, Tax Analysis and Revenue Forecasting, and Budgeting and Financial Management in the Public Sector at Duke University, Durham, North Carolina, USA, in Summer between May and August
- The University of Oxford runs an International Human Rights Law Summer School. Each year the programme assembles an internationally recognised faculty offering courses on the practice, history, philosophy and doctrine of international human rights law. The programme offers an introductory course on the fundamentals of international human rights law and afternoon electives that address important contemporary issues in the field (see seminar options). In addition to these core courses, the programme includes a lecture series by some of the leading authorities and actors in the field of international human rights law.
- Health in Emergencies and Refugee Health at the Institute of Public Health, University of Copenhagen
- Université catholique de Louvain - Centre for Research on the Epidemiology of Disasters (CRED) offers health professionals with epidemiological techniques to assess the health impact of disasters and conflicts on affected communities
Crisis prevention recovery
- Reliefweb - Humanitarian Training Inventory (HATI)
- International Peace Training at the Austrian Study Centre for Peace and Conflict Resolution (ASPR).
Energy and Environment
- Environmental Leadership Programme - Centre for Sustainable Resource Development (CSRD) of the College of Natural Resources, University of California;
- ConservationTraining is an online course system focused on conservation-based training, created and maintained by The Nature Conservancy in partnership with of international human rights law.
Gender empowerment and Status of Women
- UN Womenwatch - training and information on events
HIV and AIDS
- UN Cares - The UN System-wide Workplace Programme on HIV. Its website provides extensive information, including a directory of resources, the UN Cares Services Directory for HIV.
- International Diploma in Humanitarian Assistance (IDHA)