JPO pre-departure briefing
The JPO Service Centre organises on a regular basis a Pre-departure Briefing lasting two days for UNDP JPOs and one day for JPOs from other UN Agencies. This training course takes place at the JPOSC in Copenhagen.
The objective of this briefing is to introduce the JPO to his/her organization and the JPO Programme, and to prepare him/her for the JPO assignment and expected challenges.
It is recommended that JPOs attend the course before they start their assignment.
Providing a brief introduction to the JPO programme in UN/UNDP and prepare the JPO for the field environment, country office set up and expected challenges:
- Entering the UN as a JPO Learning and career management
- Well-being and security
- Introduction to Corporate Values and Ethics
- Introduction to UNDP (for UNDP JPOs only)
- Cultural Awareness and Inter-Cultural Management (for UNDP JPOs only)
Informing the JPO about benefits and entitlements and other practicalities of the JPO assignment:
- Briefing on benefits and entitlements
- Training/learning opportunities as a JPO
- Arriving in the duty station
Providing the JPO with an overview of the on-line services:
- Overview of the JPOSC website
- JPO corner and training / learning information base
- JPO Alumni, exchanging information, networking
- On-line tools (Benefits and Entitlements, Career management, etc.)